2028 Woodhead St. • Houston, TX 77019 • Phone: (713) 805-6433 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- 24 years of experience in the design, coding, management, and implementation of software test automation systems.
- 8 years’ experience in the deployment and maintenance of virtualization environments designed to host automated testing systems.
- 10 years’ experience developing QA-oriented desktop applications and tools in PowerShell, AutoIT, VB.net and C#.
Test Automation: Design and development of automated testing framework for large scale desktop applications using C++, Visual Test, QuickTestPro and TestComplete.
Virtualization: Installation, setup, design and administration of VMWare, Hyper-V and VirtualBox on Windows and Linux using HP Servers and desktop workstations.
Software Development: Design and development of desktop applications for software test automation (i.e. network-based, automated testing system remote control/monitoring applications, bitmap compare, text compare, and database compare tools) using VB.net and C#.
System Configuration: Setup and maintenance of Windows servers and workstations, including automated configuration with PowerShell, AutoIT and VBScript.
Databases: Setup and administration of SQL and Oracle databases (Windows version).
Process: Iterative team-oriented development and testing using Agile and Scrum.
Senior Product and Solutions QA Engineer: Pivot3 (March 2017-August 2017)
- Engineering verification of hyperconverged storage appliances and supporting software.
Principal QA Engineer: IHS Markit (March 2001-February 2017)
Worked as a member of the software QA team using Agile and Scrum methods where QA, product owner(s) and development worked in a set of two week sprints, culminating in the final release.
- Directed migration of automated testing script content (test case scripts) from Visual Test and QTP to TestComplete.
- Reduced costs and increased efficiency by driving evaluation and adoption of TestComplete as a new automated testing system platform.
- Created script automation function libraries for Rational Visual Test, TestComplete and QuickTestPro to for desktop applications.
- Designed function libraries and a standalone web testing framework in TestComplete.
- Evaluated, selected and oversaw the purchase and installation of HP Server hardware for use by the automated testing system.
- Designed virtualization environments for the automated testing system using VMWare, Hyper-V, and VirtualBox on Linux using a mix of new and legacy HP servers as well as standalone desktop systems.
- Wrote a suite of VBScript and PowerShell scripts to automate workstation and virtual machine configuration, VMWare server status and control as well as database management.
- Developed training curriculum for new testers.
- Developed testing tools in C# using UDP to control test automation suites over a network.
- Developed standalone tools to analyze testing system logs, compare database content, bitmaps and text files.
- Developed a standalone system information tool for IHS Kingdom which ships with the main product.
Software Engineer: Zibex (July 1998-March 2001)
Worked as main developer for automated installation and configuration system for video kiosk using Microsoft Visual Basic and Rational Visual Test.
- Developed a web-accessible bug database using Microsoft SQL and Cold Fusion 4.0.
- Developed test plans and test cases for Zibex products.
- Performed periodic problem reports during each stage of the development process.
- Developed online test questionnaires using Microsoft SQL and Cold Fusion.
- Developed a series of automated stress test scripts for Zibex products using Microsoft Visual Test.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer: Dowell-Schlumberger (August 1997-June 1998).
Worked as main developer of automated testing system based on Visual Test for FracCADE, Schlumberger's well analysis product.
- Requirements collection and design review for automated testing system.
- Published automated test results to the development staff on a daily basis via email.
- Published automated test results on Schlumberger corporate intranet.
- Researched test coverage tools.
- Implemented the daily use of memory leak tools (Heap Agent).
Quality Assurance Manager/Engineer: TCI Software Research (April 1993-August 1997)
Worked as Quality Assurance Manager and software test automation developer.
- Provided internal technical direction to testing team and other TCI employees.
- Collaborated with development, marketing and the quality assurance team to schedule QA department team tasks and priorities.
- Prepared schedules, work plans and test plans for testing team.
- Participated in design reviews from a quality assurance perspective.
- Provided direction in problem resolution and design options.
- Directed the conversion of automated testing system from a collection of ad-hoc TestBasic scripts to an organized system implemented in C++.
- Made final decision on whether TCI's products were fit to release.
Remote Office Manager: SARA Systems (August 1991- March 1993)
Worked as manager of offshore software/AutoCAD conversion team in Russia.
- Interacted with Russian personnel by phone daily to monitor production status and schedule download times for finished AutoCAD drawings and software enhancements.
- Provided technical support and direction to Russian personnel.
- Supervised transfer of finished products to domestic customers.
- Provided technical support to customers on IT issues.
- Wrote user manuals for the main product (SARA Facility Development System).
Available upon request
BA Psychology, Pennsylvania State University